OpenFlex F3100 Series Fabric Device
OpenFlex architecture and products allow storage to be disaggregated from compute, enabling applications to share a common pool of storage capacity. Data can easily be shared between applications, or needed capacity can be allocated to an application regardless of location.
OpenFlex Data24 NVMe-oF Storage Platform
• Enables servers to share NVMe flash storage as if it were local
• Uses low latency fabric to fully utilize IOPS and capacity
• Provides more efficient use of large capacity SSDs
• High performance RapidFlex NVMe-oF controllers
• Fan out to six connections without a switch
• Balanced design to eliminate over-subscription and maintain NVMe performance
• Disaggregates NVMe shared storage for open composability
• Allows multiple hosts concurrent access at low latency
• Leverages mature standard NVM Express over Fabrics 1.0a
• Provides open composability in a 2U 24-bay platform
Open Composability Application Programming Interface
Western Digital’s Open Composability API is a RESTful API
- Builds upon existing industry standards such as Redfish® and Swordfish™
- Utilizes the best features of those standards as well as practices from other industry captive management protocols.
- Designed for data center composability
- Intended to orchestrate all data center elements including compute, flash, disk, network, accelerators, and disaggregated memory
RapidFlex™ C1000 NVMe-oF™ Adapter
Western Digital’s RapidFlex™ C1000 NVMe-oF adapter is a half-height/half-length solution which enables NVMe™ over Fabrics (NVMe-oF™) attached storage systems.
This high-performance adapter is based on Western Digital’s NVMe-oF Bridge ASIC, and forms a key component for the enablement of the industry’s newest Composable Disaggregated Infrastructures.