IBM ESS Solutions
ESS 3200 All NVMe Now Available
The Flexible Cognitive Storage Solution
IBM Elastic Storage Server is a modern implementation of software-defined storage, combining IBM Spectrum Scale software with IBM POWER9® processor-based I/O-intensive servers and dual-ported storage enclosures. IBM Spectrum Scale is the parallel file system at the heart of IBM ESS. IBM Spectrum Scale scales system throughput as it grows while still providing a single namespace. This eliminates data silos, simplifies storage management and delivers high performance. By consolidating storage requirements across your organization onto IBM ESS, you can reduce inefficiency, lower acquisition costs and support demanding workloads.
IBM Elastic Storage Server
IBM Elastic Storage System 3000: All NVMe with Spectrum Scale Erasure Coding
- IBM Spectrum Scale Erasure Coding–Allows Rebuild of Failed Disks in Minutes Instead of Hours
- Integrated and Modular 2U System–Designed for High Availability and Balanced to Maximize Throughput
- Delivers 80GB/s of Data Throughput per 2U
- Policy-based Tiering Provides Automatic Movement of Data Between Storage Tiers including SSD, HDD, Tape and Cloud
- Global Sharing and Collaboration using Active File Management (AFM)
- The Best Building Block for use with NVIDIA DGX A-100
Professional Consultation and Architecture Design
Our IBM Spectrum Scale/GPFS R&D engineers have extensive knowledge of IBM ESS storage, distributed file systems, Information Life-cycle Management, Big Data, DR/HA/data protection strategies and multi-site deployments including cloud integration.
We have architected multi-million dollar, enterprise level, distributed storage solutions for the National Labs and Fortune 100 companies in healthcare, finance, telecommunication, technology and energy. Our expertise is in clearly defining technical and business needs and then building innovative solutions that lead to client success.
IBM ESS with Expert Architectural Design and Support
Applied Data Systems and IBM will work with you and design a superior system with expert performance tuning by globally acknowledged IBM Spectrum Scale professionals. Applied Data Systems delivers IBM ESS fully integrated, for maximum performance, reliability and data protection. Expert support is provided by Applied Data Systems engineers, backed by IBM second level support.
Metadata Management for IBM ESS
IBM Spectrum Discover is modern metadata management software that provides data insight for exabyte-scale unstructured storage. IBM Spectrum Discover indexes metadata for billions of files. This metadata enables data scientists, storage administrators, and data stewards to efficiently manage, classify and gain insights from massive amounts of unstructured data. The insights gained accelerate large-scale analytics, improve storage economics, and help with risk mitigation to create competitive advantage and speed critical research.
• Event notifications and policy-based workflows
• Fine-grained views of storage consumption
• Fast, efficient search through petabytes of data
• Quickly differentiate mission-critical business data
• Policy-based custom tagging
• Extensible via Software Developers Kit (SDK)